Ortho2, a leading provider of orthodontic practice management software, is seeking a Software Help Desk Specialist in their Ames, Iowa office. We are looking for a competent individual who can provide fast and useful technical assistance to our customers regarding our proprietary software and integrated peripheral software applications.
You will answer queries on functionality and technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
A worthy candidate must have good technical knowledge, and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with customers at all skill levels.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- • Serve as the first point of contact for our customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, chat, or email.
- • Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- • Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers utilizing internal resources.
- • Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- • Record events and problems and their resolution in customer logs.
- • Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- • Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- • Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- • Work in coordination with other departments within the company.
- • Provide accurate information on products or services.
- • Proven experience as a software help desk specialist and/or in another customer support role.
- • Possess comprehensive knowledge and experience with computer technologies, Windows, Microsoft Office, mobile devices, and remote control applications.
- • Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- • Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- • Proficiency in English.
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- • Possess organizational and time management skills and demonstrate a solid work ethic.
- • Travel is required. Mostly within the continental U.S. for 3-4 days at a time, potentially two-three times per month.
- • Shift hours are 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. M-F.
Ortho2 offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage. Paid time-off, short term and long term disability insurance, life insurance and a 401k/Roth plan with a generous company match. As well as the opportunity for a performance based, year-end bonus.