Senior Software Engineer
Ortho2, a leading provider of cloud-based, orthodontic practice management software, is looking for a forward thinking, self-starter to join our product development team in Ames, Iowa. The right candidate will enjoy mentoring a team of developers, creating cutting-edge solutions, collaborating to find meaningful updates, and be passionate about learning and evolving our development processes and coding standards.
You'll be great if:
- You are a lifelong learner.
- You enjoy continually working with new technologies and discovering new concepts.
- You solve problems through automation when possible and can grasp complex designs.
- You don't want to be stuck in a specific role and enjoy involvement in all aspects of the software lifecycle, from full-stack development through deployment, infrastructure, and monitoring.
- You like to have a voice in the architecture, design, and scope of the solutions built by the team.
What you'll be doing:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mentoring other developers through coaching, workshops, code reviews, and other training opportunities.
- Assisting in task planning and estimation.
- Helping shape our evolving development processes and coding standards.
- Developing along all levels of the stack using modern technologies and methodologies.
- Crafting greenfield applications to power the next generation of products and services.
- Modernizing existing cloud applications.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of overall software development experience with time spent as a technical lead, code reviewer, or senior-level resource.
- Extensive experience with an object-oriented such as C#, Go, or TypeScript.
- Strong background in writing and automating tests at all levels of the stack (Data-Services-UI).
- Deep knowledge of REST services, including creation, best-practices, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Docker or a similar container technology.
- Experience with component-based frameworks or libraries such as React, Angular, or Blazor.
Bonus points if any of the following apply:
- You've contributed to open-source projects. If so, we'd love to check them out!
- You consider yourself a ninja with.Net 5/6 and C#.
- You have experience with IaC tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
- You have successfully performed cloud modernization of legacy applications.
- You have exposure to orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, EKS, AKS, or Nomad.
- You have performed cross-platform mobile development with libraries such as Flutter, React Native, Xamarin/MAUI.
- You have experience with modern functional programming in the context of cloud-native applications.
Software Help Desk Specialist
Ortho2, a leading provider of cloud-based, orthodontic practice management software, is seeking a Software Help Desk Specialist in their Ames, Iowa office. We are looking for a competent individual who can provide fast and useful technical assistance to our customers regarding our proprietary software and integrated peripheral software applications, answering queries on functionality and technical issues and offering advice to solve them.
A worthy candidate must have good technical knowledge, and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with customers at all skill levels.
- Serve as the first point of contact for our customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, chat, or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers utilizing internal resources.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in customer logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Work in coordination with other departments within the company.
- Provide accurate information on products or services.
- Proven experience as a software help desk specialist and/or in another customer support role.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and experience with computer technologies, Windows, Microsoft Office, mobile devices, and remote control applications.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess organizational and time management skills and demonstrate a solid work ethic.
- Travel is required. Mostly within the continental U.S. for 3-4 days at a time, potentially two-three times per month.
- Shift hours are 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. M-F.